La Mazeraie is well located in the heart of the southern Ardèche.
Different sports activities are offered on site or nearby.
La Mazeraie, in Payzac, is ideally located for visiting tourist sites with a rich heritage, characterful villages where it is good to stroll, the Chassezac or Ardèche valleys in the Canoe, the impressive caves… and many others surprises again!
We will be delighted to be able to advise you, during your stay, to compose your outings.
Payzac above the town of Vans is located at the crossroads of the Cévennes and southern Ardèche where olive and chestnut trees meet, near the Gorges du Chassezac .
Les Vans , a welcoming and very lively city where it is good to stroll through the alleys and discover its history …
– A tennis court 200 m from the cottage (contact the town hall)
– Some long distance hiking trails start from Payzac itself. We will inform you on site
Epicerie, dépôt de pain, restaurant à 50 m
Straddling the Cévennes National Park and the Monts d’Ardèche Regional Natural Park, the city is ideally located for lovers of the great outdoors and nature.
Les Vans is 9km from Payzac.
There are all trade and health services,
traditional Saturday market
10 best things to do in Les Vans here
Swimming pool in front of the house
or swimming in the river (5 km) for a change,
– Canoeing on the Chassezac (9 km)
But also :
– Canyoning of Chassezac or Ardèche,
– Addicted branch, paintball,
– Paragliding, caving, archery, via corda (cliff adventure course)
– –Horse riding
On the spot,
– The beautiful 12th century Payzac church and the traces of dinosaurs…
– Païolive wood,
– The Chassezac and Ardèche Gorges,
Many character villages,
Many museums and vaults,
local and farmers markets, night markets (July August).
A little further :
Vallon Pont d’Arc: la Chauvet Ardèche 2 cave, (reservation required)
but also the Cocalière Cave , Aven d’Orgnac….
and many other places not to be missed
We will be delighted to receive you at the gite de la Mazeraie in Payzac